1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com 2011 college football poll -- LAST CALL FOR VOTES

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by I Should Coco, Jul 6, 2011.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, it's that time again.

As the debate continues on whether or not the All-Star game is (a) relevant; (b) entertaining, or (c) played by totally unworthy players, I'm reminded that some other SportsJournalists.com arguments are just around the corner:

-- Boise State: Overrated or poster child for BCS corruption?

-- The SEC: Best conference money can buy?

-- The Big 10/12: Worst conference money/tattoos can buy?

Before we get to all that, we need volunteers to step forward for the annual SportsJournalists.com college football poll. Slappy passed the torch to me last year and I'm crazy enough to happy to keep it going.

SO, if you want to be a voter, just PM me and maybe say a little bit about why you want to participate. We're not talking about deep thoughts here; "I'm a fan" works just fine.

I'll take volunteers for about a month, then announce who the poll committee is in early August. Voting deadline will be the same as previous seasons.

Thanks to everyone who faithfully voted last year. New voters are always welcome.

2. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com 2011 college football poll -- VOTERS WANTED

BSU has its best chance to prove its worth this year now that it's in the MWC.

3. I Should Coco

I'd like to think that all the conference shuffling will shake things up a bit at the top of college football.

But then again, we'll probably still see a title game of SEC champ vs. Texas/Oklahoma winner.

4. I Should Coco

Also, I've already got quite a few volunteers -- thanks to all who have PM'd so far.

Keep em coming!

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I want in again if for no other reason than I can save up my douchebaggery for one column a year instead of spreading it out over 15 weeks....

6. I Should Coco

Giving this a little bump. Already have 16 volunteers, but would like to have a poll "committee" of 35-40 voters, so more volunteers are certainly welcome.

For newcomers, I should point out that the deadline for submitting votes is noon CDT each Monday. Since I live in the Pacific Northwest, that gives me enough time to post the poll/story before I go to work Monday afternoon.

Of course, blessings to all of you who send your votes in by Sunday night ... :D

So if you volunteer, you're committing to sending your vote to me (via PM) for most of those September, October and November weekends.

Thanks again to all who have PM'd me to volunteer.

7. I Should Coco

One more bump for this, as I've had a couple PMs asking about it (now that those are working again!).

A few more details: the preseason poll votes will be due Monday, Aug. 22, and the preseason poll story will be posted shortly thereafter, with the football season starting Labor Day weekend.

And we're looking for 35-40 voters; so far, I've heard from 17 willing volunteers.

Anyone who loves the madness and confusion that is college football is welcome.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I just PM'd you, coco.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

If Eastern Michigan shows up in the poll, I swear it wasn't me that did it. Really, it wasn't.

10. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I'm in as well

11. I Should Coco

Update: Thanks to all 25 of you who have PM'd me to volunteer.

That's almost as many as we had in last year's poll (we had 27 or 28, depending on which point in the season you counted).

I'd love to see 10-15 more volunteers for the 2011 poll committee. That would be a solid group to start the season.

And remember ... you can even vote for Ohio State without reservation, now that the NCAA says they're squeaky clean again. ;)

I'll list the 2011 poll committee (and PM everyone who's on it) next week.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I can't wait! I hope I made the cut.

Draft saved Draft deleted