1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.Com 2008 Presidential Endorsement Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's next to Antartica? Right? I like the cute penguins.

2. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Excellent point. I hadn't factored that into the equation. Probably pushes us back to when Leno comes on.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Ace -- I disagree. Alma really has grown as a candidate. He has evolved into stating his positions in laymans terms, yet still leaving the feeling that he is the smartert person in the room.

He was also outfront on his oppositon to war in Iraq. He will not have to come up with a convuluted revision of his position.

4. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I like Alma more in a chief of staff role. I want him to run the place and not get bogged down with the meaningless stuff.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

God, I hope you're old enough to vote.

I've been holding out for a possible bid for Queen. The American people have a real issue with women in government wearing jewelry or furs or really nice shoes...they all end up looking like the secretary in the high school guidance office. Queens, on the other hand, can wear anything they want, AND Boom could probably keep the H2. I think I might wait until we change the system.

But just in case, I don't smoke, never did drugs, and I destroyed those videotapes. Just a little worried about paying the housekeeper in cash, but maybe I can get her an ambassadorship to keep her quiet.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

No - Alma is a big picture policy guy . If not president then Sec of State.

I could see Ace as Chief of Staff. He has the knowledge and proper tact.

7. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Clearly, agate_monkey is jockeying for a cabinet position. Since he works on agate inside, I'm guessing Secretary of the Interior.

By the way, does that H2 run on ethanol? If so, Boom could have Iowa wrapped up already.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Old enough that I regret voting for Dubya in the 2000 debacle. (Again, I found my error and made up for it in '04 ... not that it helped much.)

Besides, we need change in Washington. I imagine The Future wouldn't mind seeing a (fill in the blank with a kick ass foreign shoe store) and a (fill in the blank with a kick ass foreign purse store) in the 1500 or 1700 block of Pennsylvania Avenue.

And no, no cabinet position for me.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Clubber for Sargeant at Arms.

Ellis for Secretary of Hilarious Photoshops.

10. jc'mag for Minister of Propaganda.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Boom can be Secretary of Defense. He already has a Hummer so we'll save a few bucks. Plus, he's not afraid to mix it up.

21 can be in charge of Homeland Security. We need to get a woman in there and straighten that mess out.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Seems like that dude hasn't been around in ages. I miss that guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted