1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ 2009-09 Coaching Carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by terrier, Mar 14, 2009.

1. mb

mb Active Member

And assistant on George Mason's Final Four team.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Interesting, Ralph. There were some rumors that High Point was going to hire Dave Odom and then have Dave hire son Ryan as a coach in waiting for two years.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

I think Billy Clyde gets one more year.

If they lose Billy, I think they lose Meeks too.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I am going to ask this without even looking, but Meeks isn't going pro?

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I had gotten the impression that Dave Odom was serious when he retired. Based on the couple of times I was lucky enough to talk with the man, I don't take him to "retire" just to use a euphemism.

Yes, things didn't end wonderfully in Columbia, but I also know Odom better than to make an unnecessary scene by announcing something overly ornate.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

WHAS-11 (Louisville) reporting Gillispie is out at Kentucky.

No link, but it led off the 10 o'clock news show.

7. Ryan Odom was actually interviewed by High Point. So was Pat Kelsey at Wake, but he apparently turned it down.

I could see Dave Odom taking another small school job, but it would probably have to be near the beach.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Freaking UK, can't wait 48 hours and let the dust settle further down the food chain.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

There's a Mount Juliet, Tennessee, about 15-20 minutes east of downtown Nashville. But the private airport for that county is in Lebanon, so that still wouldn't make sense (although it would work as a midpoint between Gainesville and South Bend).

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Yeah, I did a Google search just to make sure and Mt. Juliet, Tenn. came up.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Ed Davis (Richmond), Tyrese Rice (Richmond), Eric Hayes (Woodbridge) Julian Vaughn (Vienna), Duke Crews (Hampton), Shawn Taggart (Richmond), Marcus Ginyard (Alexandria) all would have helped U.Va.

Draft saved Draft deleted