1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Six murdered near Seattle

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Dec 26, 2007.

1. baskethead

baskethead Member

The problem with getting the death penalty in Washington is that the Green River Killer plead out and is serving life. If that guy doesn't get the death penalty, how can anyone? Though I do think that this definitely calls for it.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

GRC had some leverage because the stazte wanted to know where the rest of the bodies were buried.

These asshats, no leverage. And no touchy-feely juries in rural King Co.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i was in the seattle area around christmas. i guess the girl involved thought that her family didn't appreciate her enough and that they made her feel unimportant.

that is some whack shit.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I actually had that conversation with the bf today. Explained that I got bonus points from news side after a Sean Taylor story said he was murdered. I explained he was slain, or killed, or whatever. But he was not yet murdered until someone is convicted.

Thanks, micro.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Death penalty is possible.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/345254_carnation29.html

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

why don't you two get an alleged room?

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Me, too. We've got to start killing some people to set an example for potential criminals.
    It's not too popular an opinion on this board but it's the only one I've got.
    Round them up, try them, hear the appeal, then kill them.
    All within a year.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This case is eerily similar to the Ronald Gene Simmons murders 20 years ago almost to the day. Dude killed his family, waited till his relatives arrived for Christmas dinner and killed them, then waited again for more relatives and did same. Topped it off with a shooting rampage in town — I think the final toll was 16 dead.

9. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Death is too merciful for these fucks. Every now and again a story gets under my skin and this one has done it. Reading the details of these killings ... I'm kind of at a loss other than to say that death is far too good for these fucks. About 70 years of brutal anal rape and non-stop images of the 5 and 3-year-old who were shot in the head after watching their parents be murdered on Christmas Fucking Eve sounds about right to me.

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Other than that there's no evidence supporting the death penalty as a deterrent, and the fact that it costs the government more to execute someone than incarcerate them for life.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i don't get the whole "let's kill 'em all ... that'll learn 'em" approach.

and a murder is a fucking murder, regardless what day of the year it takes place.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Anyone shot execution style has been murdered.

Draft saved Draft deleted