1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Six murdered near Seattle

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Couldn't find any topics on this, so sorry if this is a DB.

In a small town near Seattle, Carnation for those who care, three generations of a family were killed on Christmas Eve. Cops say they were most likely shot to death by the property owner's daughter and boyfriend.

The deceased are a couple in their 50s, a couple in their 30s, a 6-year-old girl and a 3-year-old boy.

Weirdest thing is this: A 9-11 call was made from the residence on Christmas Eve. Deputies went to the scene, but were stopped by a locked gate and did not go inside. Apparently that is being investigated.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/344935_carnation27.html

And a photo gallery:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/photos/popupV2.asp?SubID=3374&page=1&gtitle=Scenes%20from%20Carnation%20where%20at%20least%20six%20people%20found%20dead&pubdate=12/26/2007

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good God, that is incomprehensibly awful.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

What's interesting to me is the girl and boyfriend arrested are not related to those who were killed, though they lived in a trailer on the property as well.
    I wonder why they killed them. Pretty fucked up.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That's fucked up big time.

5. The Commish

The Commish Guest

And you wonder why Mr. Frost said good fences make good neighbors?

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Read the poem again.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Starman......paging Starman.....get on the next plane to Seattle.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Fuck. No one deserves that. Not even Selig. Well ...

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The link I just read said they were related. It was the 29-year-old daughter of the oldest people killed. She also killed her brother, his wife, and their kids. Six members of her own family.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That's even more fucked up, then.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Can't wait to hear what the motive was. Washington has the death penalty I hope.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Washington does have the death penalty, meted out at the state pen in Walla Walla, I believe. It's rarely used.

And remember newsers, people are not murdered until someone is convicted of murder. They are shot to death or slain, etc. Cover your ass.

And wasn't Robert Frost writing that repairing the stone fence every year enabled he and his neighbor to maintain their friendship by building something together? It's been a long time since my American lit survey class freshman year, but that's what I remember. That, and "Blackberry Winter," a great short story by Robert Penn Warren.

Draft saved Draft deleted