1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Six dead in mall shooting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mannheimadler, Feb 13, 2007.

1. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Reminds me of an All in the Family episode where Archie Bunker got on TV and said the cure for airplane hijackings was to give everybody a gun as they entered the plane. Hmmmmmmm.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I dunno. I can think of a couple of members of this board who, if armed as suggested, would scare the bejesus out of me, especially on board a train or subway.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Tonight, Savage brought up the terrorism angle again, saying the Muslim community is getting a free pass on this, that if a white guy shot up a mall full of non-whites, it would be all over the news and we'd never hear the end of it.
    He said the media and the government are protecting Muslims, not the victims of this. He stopped a little short of suggesting the white God-fearing people of Salt Lake City bomb or burn down mosques, but thinks seems to think the authorities shouldn't go out of their way to stop that from happening.
    This guy has a PhD?
    Did he ever take any classes in logic?

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

SP, why do you watch asshats like him?

He (and his like-minded brethern on here) are becoming the very thing they claim to want to fight, hateful religious bigots.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Just a glutton for punishment, I guess. I think there's some value in listening to people with whom I disagree, maybe.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I suppose so. I'll fess up to watching Tucker Carlson and that Scarborough dude. But the crazies (Savage, Nancy Grace, O'Reilly) . . . no way in hell.

The world is scary enough as it is.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

It's always someone else's fault, isn't it?
    Everyone has an excuse.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm traumatized by the trolls on this thread and the name calling. I have a free pass for a rampage, don't I?

9. Nonetheless, if I ever have any problem with something you've written, I'm signing alley's name to my letter to the editor.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Fixed.

Draft saved Draft deleted