1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sitting RGIII--good football move?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printit, Dec 11, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Not sure who the guy is, but I was just listening to Mad Dog Radio on Sirius on the way home from dinner, and my God. Who do they get to host nighttime shows these days?

This dipshit was arguing -- rather aggressively -- that the Redskins would be better off losing the last three games so they could put themselves in position to get the No. 1 overall pick in the upcoming draft. Over and over the guy tried to make his shitty point.

So I called up. Took a few times, but I got through to the producer, who didn't have a fucking clue, either. "Oh, ok. I'll let him know."

7 p.m. EST. National radio show on a prominent Sirius sports talk station.

Christ.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That's why you're paying extra for that high-quality sports talk.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Hey, all I listen to on Sirius/XM is Willie's Roadhouse and the soul music channels. I rely on local sports talk idiocy, thanks.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

You expect everyone follows this stuff as extensively as you do?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, you don't have to be an uber-draft geek to know if one of the teams in apparent running for the top choice has traded away its pick.

6. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

I think I would try a carom shot to get both of them. But that's just me...

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Kick rocks, shithead.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Olberman : RG3rd String

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Magic Football Theory.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

But you still have the question of whom to hit first, because the recipient of the deflection survives, whereas the initial target doesn't fare too well from the headshot.

Decisions, decisions.

I'd rather see the nuclear football used, as it would hurt a lot more.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Back to the thread question - yes, good football move. Guy was getting killed out there.

12. Uncle Frosty

Uncle Frosty Member

As poorly as RGIII has played this year, do you use these last three weeks to give Cousins a legitimate shot at starting in 2014 or to trade him?

If Cousins plays well over the final three games, the most I've heard anyone say the Deadskins could get for him would be a second-round pick.

Yes, they have an awful lot of holes.

But I'm not sure that jettisoning a legitimate Plan B if RGIII never gets back to form — or, God forbid, gets hurt again — for a second-round draft choice is a smart move.

Then again, it is the 'Skins we're talking about.

Draft saved Draft deleted