1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sitting RGIII--good football move?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printit, Dec 11, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Despite how shitty Snyder is, at least I don't have to hear from him every week. Jones never shuts the fuck up.

2. JackReacher

LaCanfora with an incredible Shanahan beatdown here...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24373508/snyder-rg3-made-mistakes-but-this-skins-disaster-is-all-shanahans

Given all the speculation that's swirling around, this is the one piece that makes the most sense.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Nailed it.

Shanahan not only wants to get fired and collect millions - again - but also is finding a scapegoat. Because he and Kyle always make the correct decisions and always act in the best interest of the organization. Always ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. JackReacher

Well, to be fair, Kyle said today he disagrees with the decision to shut down RG3. Then again, maybe I shouldn't assume he's being truthful. But that's what he said. Seemed pretty pissed about it, actually.

Goddamn. What is it with DC sports and shutdowns?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He probably doesn't want to be fired. His old man doesn't care.

6. JackReacher

Well, either way, I think it shows that maybe Kyle and Daddy aren't on the same page on everything like everyone seems to think. According to Kyle, he found out about the benching not long before the rest of us did. Which seems weird considering Shanny said he was going to discuss the decision with the appropriate people. Guess his OC wasn't one of those people.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

If Josh McDaniels was able to work again in the league after the mess he created, even Big Boy Kyle will find another job...

8. Mizzougrad96

I don't know that's it's this calculated. I saw portions of the presser and Kyle looked legitimately pissed, but I could see his dad telling him that it's in his best interest to not be with him on this one, or tell him, "If you disagree, you're free to say so."

It could be good cop bad cop. With this one, who knows?

9. Mizzougrad96

Terrible comparison.

McDaniels is a great coordinator. Shitty HC, but there was a reason why Belichick grabbed him back the second he could.

Kyle will find another job, even if his dad sits out a year or longer. If Kubiak goes somewhere as a coordinator, I coulld see Kyle going there in some capacity. I seriously doubt Kyle's next job will be as a coordinator though.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

It isn't. Both are frauds who have been fed from the teat of paternal figures.
    Do you really think Joshie McDaniels designed that offense in New England?
    Or that his offense would work anywhere other than with Brady and Belichick?
    Do you remember when this clown coached in St. Louis?

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

i.e., Kyle is a little more worried about his immediate future than his father ...

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The LaConfora piece was dead on, a great historical recap of this debacle of a situation.

And for the best summation and translation of yesterday, read Nathan Fenno in the Times....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/11/fenno-honestly-mike-shanahan-its-still-hard-believ/

Draft saved Draft deleted