1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sitting in Charlotte and Atlanta airports and bored -- help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Feb 20, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Like playthrough, I've never had a problem with Atlanta. If I've got to have a layover, give me a place with stuff to do, and it's all good.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

What is there to do there but eat? There's like one TV per gate, and no seats there. There's little to no availability to electrical outlets, you have to pay for your internet, and there's nothing to do but ride the train back and forth or eat at Chili's.

3. KG

KG Active Member

ATL doesn't bother me but PHF was a brutal experience.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. I watching the same cycle on CNN about five or six times.

5. KG

KG Active Member

There's that tiny little bar on...I can't remember which concourse. I got stuck at the very back once, and the waitress just kept bringing me drinks, even when I tried to tell her I didn't need any more. It was very crowded and I didn't feel like fighting through the crowd at the bar so I just sat there drinking and chatting with the couple next to me. Before I knew it I was slap ass drunk and trying to fake sobriety when I finally went to wait at the terminal.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

See ... THERE'S what's fun to do.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Should have faked coherence when she brought you the bill that she intentionally padded on you.

8. KG

KG Active Member

She only charged me for two of the drinks so I padded her tip.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Ok, then that's sorta fair. She knew she'd get more out of you.
    I don't know why, but airport bartenders are the pushiest people.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I may be way off here, but I think Kansas City in general aspires to be a small-scale Dallas-Fort Worth ...

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I've dealt with enough entitled travelers, most of whom are working and on the company dime. Many of them would test Job's patience.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That's what Love Field is for.

Draft saved Draft deleted