1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sitting in Charlotte and Atlanta airports and bored -- help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Feb 20, 2008.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Gotta like the possible FAA penalties listed...like a warning letter. For falling asleep in the cockpit. That makes NASCAR probation look like stern justice.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Atta kid.

My advice was either

Find a hooker
    or
    Get drunk

Drunk is cheaper, and probably won't warrant a trip to have your hog swabbed.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

While getting my "hog swabbed" sounds absolutely fabulous, I will say last night's reason for drinking wasn't just boredom.
    On the flight from Charlotte to Atlanta, the wind was so bad that the fucking wings were flapping. I generally don't have too much problem with flying, but I couldn't handle another flight as bad as the first.

The $40 was well-spent, and it comes with another part of the story:

The stewardess in Business Class actually cut me off. I guess 7 jack and diets in two hours isn't standard for her. She was telling me about how in the air drinks affect you twice as much. I'm not sure about all that, but I was pretty fucked up.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Should have just gone up to the cockpit and asked them for a refill.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

Like they'd share.

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

That's why you knock very loudly on the cockpit door.

7. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

That was my first thought, too, sxy.

While autopilot makes things quite easy to fly, no way both fell asleep. I don't buy it.

And IJAG, I heard you. No more T concourse food for you!

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I've been to Indy twice in the last year and I'm still searching for one redeeming quality in the place. Shitty town, shitty airport, shitty weather.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But it is a good town in which to get your ass kicked.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I think Kansas City may be the worst. You've actually got to go back through security if you walk out of the gate area to get a newspaper, use the bathroom or get something to eat.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Funny that. Once upon a time, I was on a flight from Britain to Singapore. By the time we landed, they'd run out of Southern Comfort for the whole plane. I had about 15 or 16 of the minis, and had to move onto cognac by the end.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

But it's not like the security lines are all that long. Pretty much one security checkpoint for two or three gates. They also put bathrooms and drink cart people in several of the gate areas.

Draft saved Draft deleted