1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sitting in Charlotte and Atlanta airports and bored -- help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Feb 20, 2008.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

I hope you at least enjoyed the rocking chairs in Charlotte.

2. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

If you're still laying over, holla back. I'm in Philly trying to get to Indianapolis tonight. It isn't looking good. It's snowing and the gate agent is acting like she wants to go home.
    Just hypothetically, this is for anybody out there, if I volunteered to check people in myself just to get this fucking plane to Indy, do you think U.S. Airways would take me up on it?

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

One way to find out beardpuller.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Reporting back for the masses...
    Didn't get to hit up the rocking chairs in Charlotte. My security checkpoint wasn't near them, and I just grabbed a drink instead.
    I found little to do in Atlanta, although I did decide that I was going to get drunk on the late flight out of Atlanta. I paid the 40 bucks for the Business Class upgrade on Airtran. I then proceded to have 7 Jack and Diets on a 2-hour flight. Needless to say, I'm a teensie bit drunk.
    So that was fun.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone decided to take my advice. ;)

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Oh, and I did get to see the eclipse from 32,000 ft. Pretty cool looking.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Inasmuch as you're still on the message board, I take it that looking at a lunar eclipse doesn't lead to blindness. ;)

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I'm in neither Charlotte nor Atlanta, but I am at LaGuardia (quite possibly the shittiest all-around airport in the U.S.) and was, I'm proud to say, the absolute first person through security and at the gate.

Yes, it's early. But since SportsJournalists.com was the first site I pulled up after I sat down, it was well worth it.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

10. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Ha ha. Me and a bunch of other interested passengers watched that story on CNN while we were waiting for our flight to Detroit. Good for a laugh.

Now I'm in Detroit. Delayed. AGAIN. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad: :mad: :mad:

11. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I could possibly (maybe) see one pilot falling asleep BUT both of them? No way.

Other possibility --- Mile High Club? (could apply to sex or marijuana here) ... I'm just saying.

12. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I know many are awaiting breathlessly ...
    The agent had her coat on and her purse on her arm when we finally boarded. Got to Indy between 1:30 and 2 a.m.
    The Indianapolis airport is a lovely place at that hour. I woke up a cabbie and headed for the vibrant heart of the city, basking in the lovely weather.

Draft saved Draft deleted