1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Site Loading Slowly?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Chrome has been bad for me. I tried IE on my work desktop and it's been slightly better.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

On my desktop, it is VERY slow. Seems to be about normal on my Android.

On the desktop, in Firefox, it seems to be hanging up on something called 'api.easyjquery.com'.

It's real slow in IE too.

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Ditto here.
    It's bad enough to stop coming here. This morning I've lost another $1,000 on solitaire waiting for SJ boards and posts to load.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Been really slow for me on and off. ... hung up on api.jquery.com when it tries to load. Just logged on and was working fine for the first time in a few days.

5. Did chrismba have to put a quarter in the server coin slot?

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

It was slow for me for about a week, but is greased lightning today.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It seems to be back to normal speed for me ... and yeah, on Firefox, it was the same ad/web site others have mentioned that held me up. (Probably was the same on Safari, but it doesn't note that sort of thing. Just the spinning beachball o'death)

Thanks for fixing things!

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I got a note back a little bit ago.

Here's what was written: "The issue is that there was a script on the website called api.easyjquery.com that is used to prevent spammers from flooding the forum, however, it was causing a delay with the forum loading time.
    Our developers have addressed this issue and you will now find the site’s speed to be very fast."

If anyone notices things slowing down again, please post it here and I will get back in touch with them, but we should be good to go.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Cool. Now is there any solution to the issues of "Users Online" being cluttered with spambot "members"?

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I only work on fixing one problem a quarter around here. ;)

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Is it Ragu's turn to do something yet? :D

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Brilliant. Thank you!

Draft saved Draft deleted