1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Site Loading Slowly?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Aug 4, 2013.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is the site loading very slowly for everyone else?

Last couple of days, pages take for ever to load. Having the problem on my computer and iPhone; on wifi and 4G. Other pages are loading normally, so I think it must be SportsJournalists.com.

Posts seem to be fewer than normal as well, which leads me to believe others are frustrated too.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You are correct, shawty. Use Chrome most of the time but this site causes Chrome constipation, even with adblock.

Using TorBrowser just for this and Chrome for everything else.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Maybe someone who matters will look at this thread instead of the other, more esoteric titled one. Taking the question mark off might help. :(

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I haven't had any issues the past few days, on my computer or iPhone.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I sent a note to a couple of folks who helped us get back up after we had our most recent meltdown and I'll pass on anything I hear back from them.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I've had problems on both iPad and iPhone, but not on the work computer. SUCK IT STEVE JOBS AND YOU TOO ASHTON KUTCHER.

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

It's been slow for me at home on my Dell and at work on my Mac.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't have a tablet and I don't use it on my phone, but both work (Thinkpad) and home (Inspiron) take 45-60 seconds to load each page. As FB noted on his thread, it's hanging up on "waiting for api.easyjquery.com."

9. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

extremely slow for me on my Dell, bringing back memories of the mid-90s and 56k dial-up internet
    unlike others, my iPhone is loading pages just fine

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm still on 3G like it's 2009, but this site is basically inaccessible from my phone.

11. Colton

Colton Active Member

Very, very slow on home laptop, Ipad and Iphone 5. Ugh...

12. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Monday morning now, exactly the same for me. Both computers.

Draft saved Draft deleted