1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sister Souljah > William Shakespeare

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cjericho, Nov 29, 2015.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I have no issue with her thinking or saying that her work is superior. Confidence is a good thing, even if it is somewhat delusional confidence.

I do have an issue with her making it a racial thing. If I say Joe Montana was better than some obscure Division III college quarterback that nobody has ever heard of and the latter happens to be African-American, would that be a racial thing?

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

This is merely sound and fury, signifying nothing.

3. outofplace

It is a tale told by an idiot.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

The great thing is, where did that question come from. Would it not make more sense to compare her to a contemporary author, unless she make a comment or comparison to Shakespeare at one time. Then no follow up question. Pretty sure Shakespeare is considered an all-time great, so wouldn't she follow with, 'Is there anyone today on your level or as accomplished' This interview should have been done for the Mini Page.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

There is neither rhyme nor reason to this claim.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Dr Dre > Dr Salk

Captain_Kirk likes this.
  7. outofplace

She compared her work favorably to Romeo & Juliet, Catcher in the Rye and something else (I forget which it was). That was a follow-up.

8. cjericho

Aaah. Glanced quickly at it the first time. Swift is the other author she made a comparison to.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Jonathan or Taylor

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Tis a nightmare, enrobed in the finery befitting a day-dream.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's Katy Perry.

12. cjericho

Haha, think she was referring to Jonathan. But it would have been great to ask what she thought of Taylor.

Draft saved Draft deleted