1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sister: My brother died doing what he loved ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery_Meat, Jan 23, 2008.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And those who die of massive injections of heroin?

Surely they died shooting what they loved.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

As I recall, Megan something or other was underneath him when he collapsed. She panicked, called her friend who, an hour later, called for an ambulance in which he died on route to the hospital.

3. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Late to the party here, but I get the impression these words were spoken either with eyes rolling or with head shaking from side to side. In fact, I can imagine a prior sentence something to the effect of "Those idiots. I told them 50 times that they were going to get themselves killed. But they wouldn't listen..." and then the other words.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

We can imagine, but the proof is in the transcripts. Still, it was not a smart thing for the woman to say.

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Reporters aren't stenographers, they need to use some judgment. The quote adds nothing of substance to the story except to hold a grieving person up to ridicule. People say all kinds of absurd things after a tragedy. We need to be human about it. There's no way I'd leave the quote in the story. She's not a public figure, she's some dumb kid who just lost her brother.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And yet, they still crashed at 100 mph... I know safe. That's not safe... dumbasses.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

"Your knuckles look scraped. Did you walk here?"

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Beloved Minister Dies Just As He Lived—Of A Heart Attack

SHADY CORNERS, VT—The people of Shady Corners (pop. 712), a sleepy little town near the Vermont-New Hampshire border, came out in full force Sunday to say goodbye to the man they knew as their pastor, their neighbor and their friend: Rev. Walter Booth.
    Though the end was sudden, those who knew him say he died just as he lived—of a massive heart attack.

http://origin.theonion.com/content/node/30104

9. You sir, are on fire.

Draft saved Draft deleted