1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI's Sports Media Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by 21, Mar 8, 2013.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This doesn't reflect well on the suits at ESPN

7. Chris Berman, ESPN

Along with having a ton of allies in upper management and ESPN's public relations staff, Berman is the public face to ESPN's scrappy past and mega-enormous present. As one on-air staffer recently told me, never underestimate how powerful Berman is internally. No SportsCenter anchor -- not even longtime vets Stuart Scott and Scott Van Pelt -- carry the internal clout Berman does with the suits.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not really a surprise though. Berman was there before 99 percent of the suits. He was "the guy" when they got there.

Really thought Jay Glazer should have been on there. Can't believe people turn on Fox because of Bradshaw.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm shocked that Deitsch didn't include Jason Whitlock. There's so much mutual admiration.

4. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Skip Bayless at No. 10? That's a joke, right?

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

He should be higher. His presence has become the dominant force driving ESPN's content decisions.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No more than Finebaum at 17... self-important puffery because of a knuckle-dragging fan base counts in their eyes...

7. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

I'd say that fact is more a negative for the WWL than a positive for Bayless. The only time anyone got any sort of satisfaction when Bayless was on the screen was when Mark Cuban beat him up and took his lunch money on First Take the day after the NBA Finals last year

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This isn't a complimentary list.

Draft saved Draft deleted