1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI's (new) 50 Greatest NBA Players list

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Exactly my thought. That guy's gotta be a New Yorker or Knicks fan. The only rationale explanation for that little snippet of absurdity.

Tweener likes this.
  2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He also complained about having to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.

Big Circus and LongTimeListener like this.
  3. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Jack McCallum has written a lot about the NBA over the years, and even documented the Dream Team for a book in 2012 -- which, frankly, I didn't think was very good.

In the book, he makes it clear he didn't think Stockton belonged on the Dream Team, and instead thought Isiah Thomas was more deserving. Fine. I won't argue that opinion.

But to say Frazier was better than both is beyond ridiculous. Look at the stats, look at the advanced stats, the consistency and the longevity, and look at the influence Isiah and Stockton had on the game. Frazier isn't even close.

4. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

This is a trick question. No player, past or present, could contain LBJ on both the perimeter and the post.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

No, that was Roger Murdoch.

Draft saved Draft deleted