1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SI's Faces in the Crowd

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

... and here I thought Rick Reilly was going to appear from behind Pedro Gomez when he asked Sammy Sosa if he's ever taken steroids on SC last Sunday.

Back to topic ...

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That was a really good piece -- big time lump in the throat stuff.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Faces in the Crowd was the first thing I was ever paid for.

At 13, I sent in one of my buddies who hit four home runs in a Little League game, and they used it.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Am I the only one who peruses the Faces in the Crowds pics just to see if there are any attractive women?

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Judging from the posts further up? I'd say no.

6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Yeah, I guess I should have read the whole thing. I never said I wasn't lazy.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Hahahah Fair enough!

8. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Submitted myself back in my teenage years, but apparently the stuffed shirts at SI don't consider eating an entire bag of Fig Newtons as a sporting achievement.

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I'm surprised no one has brought up this week's issue of SI... or am I DBing this?

I haven't had a chance to read it, yet. Just saw the cover and I immediately came to SportsJournalists.com to see what you guys are saying about it. (Does this mean I'm addicted to SportsJournalists.com?) :)

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, the guy's name was Mark Lemke, and I assumed it was the Braves' 2b. I was confused most of the way through it but eventually realized that it was a coincidence (

11. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

My brother was a face about 20 years ago after he won a national tennis tournament.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

When did he make a heel turn?

Draft saved Draft deleted