1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sirius/XM Merger Approved

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by StormSurge, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I love how you ended that thought with an ellpisis, BYH...

Also, I have yet to read anywhere (it's possible I missed it) what the timeframe is for when they'll actually be broadcasting as one company. I'm talking like, a date.

And Pall, they play Pantera quite a bit on a couple different stations on XM.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Go to XM 41 -- the Boneyard. They're either playing Pantera, Whitesnake or another band of that ilk.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Pallister won't be happy until there's XMWalk. :D :D :D

4. Norman Stansfield

I'd listen to that, too.

I've been pissed ever since they shitcanned the Zeppelin channel :mad:

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Yes, that would make me smile ... then punch a hole in the wall.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

You can get that any day of the fuckin week on regular classic rock radio...

7. pallister

pallister Guest

No shit. My Zeppelin CDs don't get much play because I can't get away from them on regular radio.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

True. But at least XM went beyond the usual Whole Lotta Love-Heartbreaker/Living Loving Maid-Rock 'n Roll-Black Dog-Stairway To Heaven-Kashmir block you typically hear on your joe average terrestrial station.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I've been an XMer for coming up on four years now, and I only had Sirius for a three-week spell, but for the stations I liked on XM (XM Chill, XM Cafe, Lucy), I liked the playlists on the Sirius equivalent more (Sirius Chill, The Coffeehouse, Lithium). The three NPR stations are a nice touch too (correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they have a PRI station too?).

Has anyone gotten hi-def radio yet?

10. pallister

pallister Guest

My brother has Sirius, and it always seems the music stations on there are much better than XM. When I had XM, I usually only liked about every 10th song I came across. On Sirius, I rarely had to go through more than a channel or three to find something I liked.

11. Norman Stansfield

Thank you, Bubbs...

And up yours, BYH...

12. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Both services are just about the same when it comes to music channels.. personally I think it's the talk, sports and things like that that sway people to one service or the other.
    I've had XM for almost three years.

Draft saved Draft deleted