1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sirius/XM Merger Approved

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by StormSurge, Mar 24, 2008.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

What this means is that you'll be able to get all the stuff you get now on XM. You won't necessarily be able to get say, Radio Margaritaville, on your XM receiver. I'm guessing that if you want any channels from the competing service, you'll have to buy a new receiver.

2. KoM

KoM Member

I'm an XM guy because of the MLB package. The only thing Sirius has (different) that I'd love is Radio Margaritaville.

I think an ala carte deal would be kinda nice because I've never listened to and likely never will listen to 85 percent of the channels I get.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I can deal with that. Nothing on Sirius excites me. Listening to football on the radio is almost as exciting as listening to grass grow. And Stern's a fucking idiot...

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Which one has Mason hoops games?

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I received a Stiletto 10 from Ms. Matador for Christmas and, after dropping $220 to get a car kit installed for a radio that ran her $110 (sigh) I finally have it in the vehicle. The only thing I miss is Rome, and that's more to recite his "takes" along with him and try to figure out how he makes what he makes while I make the amount that I do. For a talk junkie it's a God send with Sirius Patriot, Left and Indie, not to mention Sporting News Radio and Ferrall for sports. I wanted XM at one point because Fox Sports Radio was listed as part of their package, but it appears that's been dropped.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'll kick you right in your vagina!!!

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sirius' smooth electronica channel is better than XM's, but aside from that, there's not really anything I clamor for. As BYH noted, NFL games on the radio do nothing for me.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

The music on XM absolutely sucks. When I had it, I listended to CDs if I wanted to hear good music. It's good for baseball -- as long as you're team doesn't suck. Therefore, I haven't had the need for it in a couple of years.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Your team always sucks. :D

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

You didn't like any of the hard rock stations on XM?

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Not enough Pantera.

12. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

FSR is on XM...

Draft saved Draft deleted