1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sirius/XM Merger Approved

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by StormSurge, Mar 24, 2008.

1. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

http://www.cnbc.com/id/23781896

Good news, I suppose. I probably have to get a new radio, but hopefully have more choices.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's about damn time...

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Suck it, terrestrial radio.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Who beat?

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Has anyone said for sure if we will need new hardware or not?

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The last thing I read, and it was a while back, indicated that current hardware would work after the merger. Which makes sense if you think about it. The hardware is essentially the same, it just picks up different signals depending which service you use.

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I need a new radio, since my Delphi is an abject piece of fail. But the impending rise in my Sirius stock should make that easier.

And yes, terrestrial radio, it's LCD programming and 8-minute blocks of commercials can bite me.

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Word.

9. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

I was JUST about to start a thread bitching about how this hadn't happened yet. I'm pissed that we'll probably have to wait for another baseball season to get it on Sirius, but I guess I can live knowing that's it'll be coming next year.
    Anyone think this will raise prices in the short-term?

10. tommyp

tommyp Member

Thank goodness! I was tired of hearing Howard bitching about it for the umpteenth time.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No kidding... I just hope that despite the merger, they'll still offer him enough money to stay around after his contract is up in three years. I'm 34 and I've been listening to the guy since I was 15...

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

What I wonder is will there be a merger of programming... they were floating a few sample channel grids and I would just as soon have ala carte pricing. I'd pay a bit more to have all the sports, for example (NFL, NHL, NCAA hoops, MLB) on radio.

Draft saved Draft deleted