1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sirius help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just remember the OJ phone call during the NBA Finals and laughing like I've never laughed before.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Unrelated to Stern, my father was screaming at the tv for them to kill OJ so the game would come back on TV.

He was serious, and I'm sure would have killed OJ if he had a chance.

3. jenks call to abc during the oj chase may have been the funniest thing ever on live tv. especially the fake jamaican accent.

hearing al michaels try to keep it together when he referred to the "farcical call" also was good stuff.

4. Mizzougrad96

I don't think that was Captain Jenks.

When Michaels said, "I believe that was a prankster from a local radio show." I just about died laughing.

5. <a href="http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.hs?d=1134363600>on stern's page</a>, it says it was a guy named morrie, not jenks. (always thought it was jenks.)

the transcript of that call.

6. Mizzougrad96

Jennings was the best part of that call because he didn't have a clue.

The transcript doesn't do it justice, but it might be the best prank call ever.

The one pulled on Dan Patrick when he thought he was interviewing Steve Bartman was priceless as well.

7. bad sound quality, mizzou, but here it is:

8. 93Devil

Should I pay for the BB install or will it pickup just fine sitting on my dash?

I live in a pretty populated area.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you have a tape deck, you can run the feed through there and not worry about channel bleedover, regardless of whether you get it professionally installed or not.

I would get it installed, because if XM is any clue they give you nine zillion feet of antenna wire to run through the vehicle, which frays almost instantly. No clue if Best Buy is better/worse at installs than your average shop.

10. 93Devil

The antenna is in the unit itself that sits on my dash.

I have a headphone jack I can just run the wire through.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Put the satellite antenna on the roof or trunk lid. Works much better. If you try to leave it on the dash, you'll have to deal with lost-signals a lot.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted