1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sir Elton John sings at Limbaugh's fourth wedding

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oggiedoggie, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Even as a conservative, I like Elton John more than I like Limbaugh, and I don't dislike Limbaugh.

I have a gay relative, who is just outraged that Elton John took the money, but as someone on here pointed out, Elton spends almost as fast as he earns.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I've never listened to Rush. Is he one of those family values conservatives?

3. Mizzougrad96

I don't listen to him either. Is he as homophobic as some of the conservative talk show hosts? His friendship with George Brett would lead me to think he might be a little more accepting.

4. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Rush used to work for the Royals back in the 1980s. He was basically a flunky.

5. Mizzougrad96

Then he was a flunky who became close friends with the best player in team history.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

rush and elton john are friends, believe it or not

7. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

George Brett is gay?

8. Mizzougrad96

Gay or bi. He's married with several kids, but this has been the worst-kept secret in baseball for about 30 years.

9. Mizzougrad96

They're so close that Elton only demanded seven figures to sing at his wedding. As Howard Stern joked yesterday, "Wow, I had Billy Joel and Natalie Maines sing for free at mine."

10. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

My money's on Melissa Etheridge singing at his next wedding.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Michael Musto in The Village Voice:

After reading that, I just have to ask, who's the hate monger, Michael or Rush?

And what is the evidence that Rush is an "anti-gay hate monger"? Michael doesn't provide any.

And I suppose that this is the kind of crap Michael writes in his sleep. He certainly didn't spend a lot of time looking in to the facts, because then he would have known that the wedding was in Palm Beach not Palm Springs.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Elton donates all his private gig money to his AIDS charity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.