1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sioux Falls advice?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bumpy mcgee, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

I suspect the vast Summit League media contingent would have more fun in Rochester/Auburn Hills than in Sioux Falls. Oakland would be the perfect host for the tournament - they could even hold the championship game at the Palace of Auburn Hills. Only slight problem is that the league knows that Oakland has spent every minute they've been in the Summit League trying to get the hell out of it.

2. daman

daman New Member

It's not leaving Sioux Falls, unless the Summit League dies -- record attendance figures/sponsorship money and in the new main artery of the conference (the Dakota schools and new member Omaha). A 14,000-seat Arena in the city will be finished in time for the 2015 tournament.

3. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Yummy. Isn't Sioux Falls about as far from an ocean as you can get in the continental U.S.?

4. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

It is, but that's why they have planes. And the place is legit.

And yes, that tournament is not leaving Sioux Falls anytime soon. Jacks fans support both the men and women like crazy down there.

5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Supposedly Saturday, Monday and Tuesday are sold out, or close to it, so letting every know they better get their tickets now!
    But seriously, thank you for all the help, my wife will appreciate not eating at a sports bar, fast food or the media hospitality room stuff I can smuggle out.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm not slamming Sioux Falls. I've never been there, and like most small cities I'd imagine it has a lot of cool things.

But I'm not eating sushi in f#cking Sioux Falls.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Well yeah, what the hell else is there to do? It's too early in the year for cow-tipping.

8. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

I'll side with Buck on this matter.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Playing in Hot Springs, Ark. is No. 2.

Draft saved Draft deleted