1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sink the Pink, or A funny thing happened while picking up Pop Warner uniforms...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Al Bundy wasn't too happy that Polk High lost to Jackie Onassis High and the First Ladies' pink unis.

[​IMG]

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I honestly think any sponsor that spends $1,000 to outfit a BOYS football team in pink uniforms without considering that there would be a backlash is an idiot.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. joe king

joe king Active Member

As a noted poster used to say: Inarguable among the sane.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We know the person who authorized it is female and maybe that explains some of it, but hardly justifies it... I'm sure we'll know more when they practice today because one of my son's teammates has an older brother who is on the pink team.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just have all the kids wash their unis in hot water with some freshly purchased low-quality navy blue shirts and say oops.

6. Mizzougrad96

The compromise for now is that they're giving the kids black socks to replace the pink ones... The pink jerseys will stand for now, but it's not nearly as bad with black socks.

I talked to one of the parents at practice yesterday and he said, "They're acknowledging the mistake and they're looking at compromises and since I like the league, we're going to let it go..."

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

On an earlier version of this forum, people were outraged by the homophobia and the discriminatory nature of the pink visitors' locker room at Iowa.

8. Mizzougrad96

That's what I was expecting when I started this thread. I'm stunned that most people feel the same way I do on the topic.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Give those kids a couple of DVDs of Bret Hart's best matches and tell them to suck it up.
    :)
    On a serious note though, I can see why people would be pissed at that age. They probably think the jerseys all have cooties on them too.

10. Mizzougrad96

The pink team had to cut practice short after only eight (out of 15) showed up for practice yesterday. It might not be completely related to that though, this is the last week before school starts here and a lot of people are cramming in a late summer vacation. My son's team had four kids missing yesterday.

The Bret Hart thing is actually a pretty good idea... Considering how much kids that age love wrestling, it might help, at least as long as there are no Adrian Adonis matches on the same old WWF videos...

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Alton Benes?

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

"Pipe down, chorus boy."

Draft saved Draft deleted