1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sink the Pink, or A funny thing happened while picking up Pop Warner uniforms...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 26, 2013.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I hope and pray this is the worst thing that ever happens to these kids.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No shit...

3. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

When I saw the thread title, I immediately thought about Penthouse Forum. :p

4. joe king

joe king Active Member

That's absolutely true and nice to say, but these are 9 and 10 year old boys we're talking about. To them, it probably is a big deal and perhaps the worst thing they can think of happening to them in their lives.

How about this: It isn't a tragedy, but assuming the primary (or even secondary) goal of this youth sports league is for the kids to enjoy it and have fun, it's something that probably should be corrected. I'm thinking if my kid was on that team I would probably see if we could get someone -- parents, the sponsor, whomever -- to shell out for another set of uniforms.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Pink Taco sponsorship?

6. Mizzougrad96

One of the parents already nicknamed the pink team as "The Labias"

I probably laughed more than I should have when I heard that.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is there a workaround? Like, if there's a set of pink home jerseys and white road jerseys with less pink, can the team ask to wear white every game?

8. Mizzougrad96

The only thing I heard is that they were talking about wearing their practice jerseys for games.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I would highly recommend against that. This is the sponsor who decided on pink:

[​IMG]

"Why are we Mr. Pink?"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Age them 15 to 20 years, leave them in their parents' basements, and they'll be all ABOUT the pink jerseys:

[​IMG]

11. Mizzougrad96

I love that line...

I'll be very curious what they do. The sponsor would have a right to be mad to spend what I'm assuming is over $1000 for uniforms to then not have their name displayed. But people are so pissed that the company may not want to be associated with the pink jerseys.

12. joe king

joe king Active Member

This might be time for a meeting between parents and the sponsor. Depending on how much it costs and how big a business it is, it might be worth if for the goodwill created for the sponsor to say, "Oops, our bad," and provide new uniforms. They would turn a negative situation into a positive and have the parents telling their friends how Company X listened to them and made it right. That kind of thing can be good for business in the long run.

Draft saved Draft deleted