1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Singulair side effects allegedly include ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 28, 2008.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The 5-year-old d'hack has been on Singulair for 3-4 years now on a seasonal (read wintertime) basis. The last couple of years, we've restricted it to only when absolutely necessary to keep his asthma under control, because every time he goes on it, he winds up having roid rage symptoms that would make Bill Romanowski blush. I'm talking punching us, throwing things at the wall, kicking, screaming, deliberate hostility, etc.

I'm not surprised to hear this, but I am plenty upset.

2. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

When I was on Accutane, I had the most eerie thing happen to me one morning. I had been having problems with stiff joints and backpain when taking the medicine. One morning I woke up, and for a minute or two I literally couldn't get out of bed. My back was just frozen, strangest thing, I couldn't move my back or midsection at all.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I've taken Singulair for the past few months, but have never been happier...

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I've been on Singulair for about 18 months.

Last year around Christmas (an extremely stressful time in retail) I was severely depressed.

I'm talking more depressed than I was about my high school sweetheart depressed. I snapped out of it, but maybe this is something I should talk to my allergist about.

5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

My wife's been on Singulair for 10 years. She needs it badly.

She has also dealt with depression throughout much of that decade, and was really pissed off to find out today that the cause might have been an undisclosed side-effect of a medicine she relies on.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Scary stuff, actually. I think that may be the only asthma medication I haven't been on over the last 20-plus years.

One medication did give me the shakes. I was in middle school and had just been diagnosed, so the doctor was "experimenting" with dosages. Too bad he didn't warn me.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

One of the bigger drugs out now -- can't remember which -- has "increased desires to gamble" as one of its side effects.

Draft saved Draft deleted