1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Singles: Do you decorate for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Dec 7, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I remember my first Christmas on my own. On Christmas Eve, I was home, drinking peach schnapps while sitting at a table with a foot-high artificial tree on it.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That sounds like a fun night, Dools.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I have a four-foot tall fake Christmas tree (it even has lights built in) still sitting in my closet. I haven't developed the energy to carry it the 20 feet to the space I have for it in my living room.

No one's going to see it anyway but me and my cat. I won't be here for Christmas anyway...I'll be headed off to my relatives, who are all Martha Stewart-wannabes who have their stuff already out.

Hell, my family will be lucky if I even decide to wrap their gifts. Right now, I'm thinking gift bags is going to be the way to go.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Yes, the bachelor pad is decorated. Nice tree, lights in the windows. I have some tasteful motherfucking decor.

5. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

My house (last year, but the lighting is similar this year):
    [​IMG]

So, yeah. I decorate.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You've still got nothing on Doc Johnson.

7. Wenders

They had a mini-marathon on TBS a few days ago with several of the Home Improvement episodes where Tim is decorating the house. Solid. I love that show.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Inspire me. Tell us why you do it.

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I agree. Please share. I mean, what is the freaking point?

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's one of my favorites. I almost cried when I found out Tim wasn't going to be home for the Christmas Eve lighting.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Irish doesn't want any possible holdup in his ice cream supply

12. Wenders

But he's there....somewhere over Detroit. His plane just can't land until his breaker blows up.

Draft saved Draft deleted