1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Singles: Do you decorate for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Thank you, sir.

For me, it's often a chore wrapping gifts. There's no way in hell I'm decorating my apartment. Well, unless my girlfriend -- fake SportsJournalists.com or otherwise -- made me do it. :D

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've already wrapped some presents, and I'll do more of that today -- probably ... well, maybe, if I have time. But aside from the bag of gifts and the wrapping paper in the corner of my living room, there is no Christmas is my house.

Besides, I find tinsel distracting.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I decorate. I go all out, down to a little village of Christmas houses. It helps me feel less depressed this time of year.

Plus Stan really likes Christmas trees :)

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Nah. I've got a small box of Christmas-y stuff that may or may not come out this year. It was more fun to decorate the place (a little bit) when I was younger and wanted to buy everything at Target.

These days I work most holidays, plus it's too warm here to really feel like Christmas. Not really worth going all out.

EDIT: I'm also not single, I guess, since I live in sin with my wonderful boyfriend who has as much inclination to decorate as I do. So it's not just a single/not single thing. I think it's a hosting/not hosting thing, or a big family/little family thing. Maybe it's a kids/no kids thing?

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I do nothing. Hell, I've been in my new condo for three months and I've hardly even hung any pictures. They're all still leaning against the wall where they were the day I moved in.

6. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

This being my first year of being single, I wasn't going to decorate at all. Little Liesl convinced me I needed to do something. So I bought a 2-1/2 foot pre-lit tree and a few boxes of miniature ornaments and set it up on a TV stand next to the television. I got three tiny stockings: A Texans one for me, a Longhorns one for Little Liesl and a small white one for the puppy Daisy. That's it.

And looking at it is so depressing that I'm thinking of taking it all down.

7. Sheri

Sheri Member

I always decorated when I was single and the sentimental season made me wish I wasn't.
    Now, I still always decorate for Christmas and yearn for the time when I was single.

Go figure.

Of course, the cats keep it interesting.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

When I lived in an apartment with roommates, I didn't decorate. One of the roommates wanted to put up decorations, but I didn't want anything to do with it.

If I lived by myself, I seriously doubt I'd put up anything other than a token tiny little fake tree.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

At my old place, I used to have a fake plant behind the TV that was ideal for about a half-dozen ornaments (which, coincidentally, is all I own -- and, yes, they've moved with me every time even though I rarely get them out.)

If I still had that fake plant today -- or if my family 2,500 miles away was coming to visit -- I might be enticed to do that again. But right now, there's simply no place to put them and I'm not about to go spend money to decorate a place that only my girlfriend and I are going to see. Seems like a waste of effort.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I don't. I'm usually at friends and family for the holiday anyway.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I would kill for a copy of Stairway to Cleveland or Frosty the Dopeman...

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I can't believe you've replaced me already. It's probably that harlot, Flash. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted