1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Singles: Do you decorate for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

I've got a 6-ft prelit tree, a fiberoptic tree and some blue LED lights around my apartment door. I put 'em up a couple of days after Thanksgiving.

I love Christmas and putting that stuff out reminds me that I'm just a few weeks from spending Christmas with my extended family. To me, it's my favorite time of year.

When I had cats, I couldn't put up a tree, but now, since I'm cat-free, I can knock myself out.

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i used to go all out decorating - 7-foot tree w/ xmas train, lots of knick-knacks, a wreath on the door, another fully decorated tree on the balcony and so many lights on the railing, around windows, etc. that it felt like you were in a christmas ornament - all this in an apartment. also used to go all out going over and decorating mom's house - was always the best in the neighborhood.

but i haven't decorated current apartment since i moved in 5 years ago because at first i was just too busy at work and now it's a bit of a tax on a broken-down body. i did put the 7-foot tree up at work in my office and the year before i decorated my cubicle to the max, complete with a 6-foot tree and icicle lights along the cubicle walls.

i love xmas decorations, even if i'm the only one who enjoys them. i also miss driving around the neighborhoods where everyone made a community effort. one of the first things i do when house hunting is figure out where a monster xmas tree will go and what kind of potential for lights the outside has.

Draft saved Draft deleted