1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Singer in the new Ipod commercial

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Sep 15, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Who is she? I know I should know her, but I want to get some more of her music.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

That's Feist. Her song Mushaboom is her other semi-well known one. Some of her stuff is really good and some if it's just strange. I liken her to Regina Spektor in that way although I think Regina's much better.

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Unbelievable. I love that iPod commercial because the song is catchy, and I actually was going to post the same question tonight. But I managed to google some of the lyrics and found Feist.

4. CHETtheJET

CHETtheJET Member

she was on letterman about 3 weeks ago...and killed. really killed. Got her latest and then her best Cd
    's pronto. Canada product, she it.

5. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

That iPod song is from "1234," and you can see the commercial here:

http://www.myspace.com/feist

You also can watch the "1234" video, which is pretty interesting from a choreography point of view.

Feist has a nice voice, clear and cool like Natalie Merchant, and I'm a big Merchant fan.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Like I said, Feist is good, but if you like her I'd check out Regina Spektor and her songs: Samson/Fidelity/On the Radio, she's really good.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Regina is phenomenal, and like dre, I prefer her to Feist.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I third it. Fidelity is awesome. Never been taken with Feist.

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Thanks for the back-up on this. My friends are going to see her in Montreal for the 2nd year in a row, I'm so jealous. Stupid middle of the week classes. I'm listening to her right now, "That Time," so good. Also preferred to Feist are Anna Nalick, Angela Ortiz and Ingrid Michaelson.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Also, when the fuck did I pass 1,000 posts. Geeze, I should pay attention to these things some more. It took me almost 3 years.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Welcome to looserdom, kid :D

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I HEART Anna Nalick.

Draft saved Draft deleted