1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Since when has Gannett been ok with the c-word?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TigerVols, May 8, 2019.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Run it. Anyone who gets offended is out of touch with the dynamics of the online world.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

So profanity might bother them, but gunfire and children screaming is just hard-hitting journalism. Got it.

3. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Totally backwards. I was listening to a radio show today and the host mentioned the newspaper. And the guest mocked newspapers and said nobody but nobody reads a newspaper. And mocked the idea of a delivery. So I repeat. This is 2019 and newspapers are dead. Put whatever cuss words you want in them. Nobody under 45 is reading a fricking newspaper unless it's one of the misguided college aged kids who actually are majoring in journalism cause their dad or uncle passed it down into their bloodlines and it's (unfortunately for them) in their blood.

4. Danwriter

Danwriter Member

I live in Nashville, where the state capitol is a rats nest of misogyny and racism (and busts of Confederate generals). Here's some of the rest of the transcripts from the Tennessean, via the Nashville Scene:

The paper reports that in one text exchange from August 2016, Cothren said, “Just so y’all know, I did fuck [a woman] in the bathroom at party fowl [a local sports bar]. Will send pictures later.” To which Casada responded: “Only gone for 60 seconds,” and, “R u a minute man????;)” Cothren replied: “Yes, I take after you. Like father like son.” Casada responded again: “Lolol! If I’m happy, then all is good!!!!!” In another exchange, Casada commented on a photograph of a woman Cothren had sent to him: "Can I just touch????"

Yee-ha.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Getting caught must make them want to sing:

Draft saved Draft deleted