1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

since we're all big into Wall Street, it may interest you to know...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Feb 27, 2007.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I've read that part of the reason is that the US economy is moving into a flat or slow growth period. Greenspan yesterday suggested a recession was coming toward the latter part of the year.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The yield curve is now inverted. That traditionally indicates an economic downturn -- not necessarily a recession -- is around the bend.

3. trounced

trounced Active Member

Wow, this "Chernobyl-like meltdown" has the Dow at levels not seen since . . . December 5, 2006.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

When do the Chinese/Asian markets open Wednesday, in relation to Eastern time?

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Anyone think the market will rebound to another new record high in less than two weeks?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Probably, and it will powered on new earnings estimates for oil companies now that gas prices have gone up 30 cents in less than a week.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Gas is up only 3 cents here.

I better switch my stocks from McD to Chevron.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You're on. If I win you have to be the family au pair for a month.

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Fine. Send the kids out here and I'll raise them up the right way. ;) And not that I was making a bet, but if there is a new record high before March 13, I get ownership of your profile signature for a month.

Love this little 'update' from the NYSE folks:
    Riiiiiggghht. A computer glitch.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Deal, and the kids are giving up cigarettes and pot for lent so that should help.

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

We don't worry about lent in our house. We're giving up all fun stuff all the time anyway.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Looking at your bottom line every day will drive you nuts. Don't worry about what the market did today unless you're ready to cash out for your retirement within the next 30 days. It'll be fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted