1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Since We Like To Generalize About The Business On This Board...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Flying Headbutt, May 23, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm with Bird here. Bad PR people are the worst -- better to have no PR people than some of the lazy, clueless doofuses.

Good PR people are gold. They make the job 10 times easier, make us look better, sometimes feed us little tidbits along with the cheez doodles.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I know, FH. I know of what you speak and I know there was no malice on where you were going with that rant.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

When you guys move past preps, if that's your goal, you'll realize that college/pro coverage is more than just gathering stats and info. That stuff just scratches the surface.

4. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Yeah, not a hint of malice there...;)
    I love that moment in human psyche where you've reached your point. There is no turning back. But, here is the test. Some rant on a thread. Others take it out on loved ones or worse. I'll taken the former.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Agreed, but at least there is a starting point, or some sort of uniformity to the information. If three prep writers cover one game, you'll get three different stat sheets. Plus, having that information provided frees up a writer to dig deeper into the story instead of having to concentrate on getting the basics.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

BTW, the PR folks I dealt with today were light and day better than yesterday. Just a great effort by all of them, including one for a US Senator. See, they don't all suck. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted