1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Since every company is cutting back in employees.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, May 16, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's not so much that we have too many legislators, but too many bad ones.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Well gee, uh, it's a mess and it would be so much trouble, just forget it. I mean, why get involved with it? I guess we should take Bobby Knight's advice, if rape is evitable, relax and enjoy it.

That kind of attitude is what's wrong with this country. We don't demand accountability. They think we're too stupid to know or indifferent to care what they do. Like sheep to a slaughter....

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

We have had cutbacks at the federal level - its called the military.
    Just be grateful they aren't adding more congressmen and congresswomen, think how much the population has increased and they are serving more constituents than they used to, since the number has remained fixed at 435 (or whatever the number is).

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

No, we don't demand accountability, no matter who is in office. All I'm saying is that your plan for mandatory staffing in the districts creates another layer of bureaucracy, one which the Libertarians who'd favor a smaller Congress surely would disapprove.

Draft saved Draft deleted