1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Simpsons Treehouse of Horror XVIII

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Nov 4, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damn, 18. I'm old.

Very funny opening. "Can't anyone just watch the show?"

The last few haven't been so great, but I always hold out hope there could be a trilogy as good as the 1994 one: The Shinning, Time and Punishment and Nightmare Cafeteria.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I sped to and from the Chinese restaurant, zipped through No U-turn and stop signs to see this show. Got back at 7:59 p.m., just in time to see that opening. Well worth the potential tickets.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wait a minute...why am I getting words in edgewise?

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

No one likes a know-it-all.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Nice fountain work, Homer.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

"Can't talk. Lighting poo."

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Eternal darnation is my new favorite phrase.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Trick or treat isn't some mantra to be repeated blindly like The Lord's Prayer!"

"I'd like to say you're all going to hell for watching this...including our newest portal, the Wall Street Journal. Welcome aboard!"

That was amusing. Not a classic, but amusing.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The Treehouse episodes aren't usually my favorite episodes, but I thought that one was pretty decent. The third act, especially.

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

agreed. usually they are so-so, but this one was good. loved the wall street journal line, too.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Anyone else seeing the "Family Guy" clips show with Seth MacFarlane interviewing the people who hate the show? Wowsers.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

MacFarlane seems like a REALLY annoying guy to spend more than about 12 seconds around.

Draft saved Draft deleted