1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Simple Life: LA County Jail

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by patchs, May 4, 2007.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

Paris gets 45 days in the slammer for probation violation.
    Now get Nicole Richie in there and you've got pay-per-view gold.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sadly, why do I think she'll milk this for more publicity and even more money?

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

45 days jail in Lynwood.

That's not.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I have $ that says she doesn't serve the whole 45 days.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A judge sentenced Paris Hilton to 45 days in county jail Friday for violating her probation, putting the brakes on the hotel heiress’ famous high life.
    Hilton, who parlayed her name and relentless partying into worldwide notoriety, must go to jail on June 5 and she will not be allowed any work release, furloughs, use of an alternative jail or electronic monitoring in lieu of jail, Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer ruled after a hearing.
    The judge ruled that she was in violation of the terms of her probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case.
    “I’m very sorry and from now on I’m going to pay complete attention to everything. I’m sorry and I did not do it on purpose at all,” she told the judge before he announced the sentence.
    She was then ordered to report to a women’s jail in suburban Lynwood on the set date or face 90 days behind bars. The judge’s ruling excluded her from paying to serve time in a jail of her choice, as some are allowed.
    As a city prosecutor said during closing arguments that Hilton deserved jail time, Hilton’s mother, Kathy, laughed. When the judge ruled, Kathy Hilton, then blurted out: “May I have your autograph?”
    Paris Hilton was among a series of witnesses who took the stand during the hearing. She testified she believed her license was initially suspended for 30 days and that she was allowed to drive for work purposes during the next 90 days.
    She said that when an officer who stopped her in January made her sign a document stating her license was suspended, she thought he was mistaken and did not actually look at the document.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

She shows up 10 minutes late and her mother mocks the judge? Fuck both of 'em. She deserves to serve every fucking minute of that sentence. Sadly, she probalby won't.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Sounds like Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer wants to be a star. Like his colleague, Ito.

9. Inky_Wretch

What makes you think that? Because he dared to treat a celebrity the same way you or I would be?

10. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Forty five days in prison with no possibility of work release, furloughs, use of an alternative jail or electronic monitoring seems a bit extreme for simply driving with a revoked license. It's clear the judge is grandstanding because she's a celebutard.

11. Inky_Wretch

1. She was twice caught driving on a suspended license. Once on Jan. 15 and once on Feb. 27.
    2. She was ordered to enroll in an alcohol awareness program. She didn't.
    3. She was late to today's court date.

45 days might be harsh, but she's put herself in the clink by her actions.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

any volunteers to pay her a conjugal visit?

Draft saved Draft deleted