1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Simon gets 30 games, longest in NHL history

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EE94, Dec 19, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You can't catch me, Flash.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And yes. Good catch. Sometimes I'm too subtle for anyone's own good.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Let me go back to my analogy regarding Chris Simon and Steve Howe.

Yes, one was immersed in drugs, the other with irresponsible actions during games. But point still stands ... how many chances do you continue to give repeat offenders?

Way to enforce things, NHL. Take a page from the NBA book on leniency much?

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

When the guy is a purposeful danger to players around him, you've got to look out for the best interest of the league. Get him the fuck out of it for good.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Absolutely, Mike. We're not alone in that sentiment on this board ...

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I am a Colorado Rockies baseball fan, but before they ever existed, I lived in Denver and followed the Rockies hockey team too. I know my Rockies history, so back off, Mike.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I never meant to insinuate you were confusing the actual sports. I was just going by "three strike and you're out" and making a small quip about three strikes in baseball, not hockey; it's just a coincidence Colorado had teams share a name in each sport. Had you been talking about the Calgary Flames and mentioned "three strikes and you're out," I'd have said the same thing, sir.

8. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Once you use the skate blade as a weapon, you're out for good. That should be the most basic tenet of NHL discipline. Simon's old enough to remember what one of those blades did to Clint Malarchuk's neck. What if he'd struck a major leg artery when stomping Ruutu? Thirty games is not nearly enough.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Granted, I'm not a hockey expert by any stretch, but Bertuzzi should never have been allowed back. Dude should have been in jail.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

After getting 25 last season, he should've gotten 50 this time.

At least.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I just get a kick that he was born in [​IMG]

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh honey, I'm so far ahead of you. :p

Simmer!

Always how I felt about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted