1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Simmons on Boston beat writers ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SheaSeals, Apr 13, 2007.

1. You don't make cracks about the way someone's significant other/spouse looks. You just don't.

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Who would be the most likely person to pull a Stewie Griffin (going to his house, ring the doorbell and knock him cold when he answers) on Billie Boy?

3. Right now I'd wager Zach Johnson may be near the top of the list.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Go to 'sonofthesportsguy.com,' they have threads about Bill's wife, you'll find something there, I'm sure.

And I don't care about what his wife looks like, but the way Bill talks about girls/rates girls, you'd think he's been married to Pam Anderson, Vida Guerra, and Jen Love Hewitt, got sick of them and decided to move on.

Bill brings much of this on himself, IMO.

But we've been over this before on the board. It's not his wife's fault, although her contributions to the last NFL picks columns sounded about as "Tabloid-harpy"-ish as they could sound.

Guess Hollywood can do that to you. They certainly can ruin a writer, apparently. ;)

Just messing, William. Kind-of. Try to stay close to your 'one of 19' roots.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Damn. Say we once, on a message board (not in print), about a team I don't cover and I'm on par with Simmons.

I guess homer is just as hard to wash off as sheep-fucker, right fmrsped?

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Why should we take this guy seriously when he doesn't live in Boston and isn't regularly around those he criticizes? Pretty disturbing what some of these ESPN types can get away with.

7. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Aw, Doc, I was just messing around. I thought we agreed to disagree on this subject?

Sorry bud...

8. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

And you're right, sheep-fucker is a damn hard label to shed.

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Very nicely done, fmr. :)

10. Hello, sailor.

[​IMG]

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Just a little tweak, Ricky Deep. :D

And well-fucking-played, Fenian.

12. I'm a bit disturbed that he knew where to find that pic...

Draft saved Draft deleted