1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Simmons on Boston beat writers ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SheaSeals, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Maybe its just me - but his joke just wasn't funny.

If that was the type of funny he was bringing to the Jimmy Kimmel Show - then its no wonder that gig didn't last.

If it wasn't for his readers and their mailbag observations - Simmons would be bereft of funny.

2. Sly

Sly Active Member

Is it Imus-like? No.

But ripping on the appearance of someone's wife really seems out of bounds to me.

If he's going to do that, he should post a picture of the SportsGal.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Billy's wife ain't ugly. I believe she's a native too, from Charlestown.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Billy's wife ain't ugly, but she's no beauty queen, either. For whatever it's worth.

Man, that is DEAD-on. He goes to the 'mailbag'-card so much, it's like a broke frat going Beast keg. :)

5. Brilliant

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

and appropriate.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I agree that ripping someone's wife for her looks is bush-league. But anyone who has ever made jokes about Steve Rushin's wife looking like an equine -- and there have been numerous jokes here, including by people who frankly ought to know better -- doesn't get to rip Bill Simmons for this one.

8. But have you ever heard Simmons speak? It's obvious his wife is a beard! If PTI had a couch - he'd go on the show to jump up and down on that couch just to say how much he loves pussy. [/something Simmons might write about someone who sounds like he does]

9. That's 12, by the way.

10. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Hey, there's nothing wrong with that. [/good doc]

11. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Anyone find a picture of Billy's wifey?

12. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I like Simmons, but that Celtics column was a little too long and whiney, even for him. And he really needs to get over the Boston media thing...he's making a mint out in California, living in Michael Rappaport's neighborhood.

Draft saved Draft deleted