1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Simmons loses his Man Card -- permanently

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Chi City 81, Dec 28, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Before you take this advice, make sure you check out a few other threads regarding Mike's current state of affairs with the fairer sex. ;)

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

You know, I can't argue with that. There is wisdom in your words.

This column is a nice reminder that quitting fantasy football cold turkey this year was a very good idea on my part. It was time to walk away.

3. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

If it is Simmons writing in the voice of his wife, then he needs to keep doing it, because it's a shit lot better than his normal stuff.
    He gave up his man card a while back when he talked about having a vodka and Red Bull while at the Super Bowl. I turned to my boss — who in his younger days was a purveyor of beer, shots and women like nobody's business but now is a doting father of one — and said, "Vodka and Red Bull? Wonder what the rest of the girls in the sorority are having?"

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I wonder if we could get Sportsbra to post in here in the voice of HIS wife, if he has one.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Same thought here.

That which has never been issued cannot be permanently revoked. :D

6. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

If she did write it, he gets a little credit for letting her shit on him. Whoever wrote it, it was funny

7. It's Simmons.

8. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Best column ever written. Very funny.

9. Post of the millennium.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

So?

11. Sly

Sly Active Member

I've always suspected it was Simbo, but I didn't want to waste a thread on such a dumb topic. Glad others see it, too.

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Anytime I'm listening to sports radio and hear the phrase "man card" I'm off to another station very fast. Any show that starts talking about "man cards" or "man-you-up questions" is about to bore the hell out of me.

Draft saved Draft deleted