1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Simmons feature

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheShou, Jun 1, 2011.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Seriously?

I think it worked out OK for him.

2. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

He could write what he wanted, at whatever length he wanted, and tap into a readership that newspapers would not cater to.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That's a shockingly one-sided, bad profile. Mahler should be disappointed in his work. Or his bosses should be disappointed for him.

It fits a lot of "celebrity" profiles that don't fall within the political/business realm, of course.

4. DoctorFace

DoctorFace New Member

Aww. Keep banging out those volleyball briefs and minor-league arena football gamers and one day, years from now, if you work really super hard, you won't be laid off and you'll get that precious column. Good luck. [/violin]

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Boy, the backbiting on this thread makes me kind of happy I'm out of newspapers. BTW, it would serve Bill better if he just said, "daily newspapering was not for me, I went my own way and it worked out great" instead of whining about old grievances. Nobody much likes a sore winner.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Many are quite good . . . but not all of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted