1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Simers could be out at LAT

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MTM, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You're about to catch the ginger.

2. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

http://thebiglead.com/2013/09/09/tj-simers-tells-us-why-hes-leaving-the-la-times/

3. Editude

Editude Active Member

Hard to fathom his style working at a more up-with-people environment, but he seems to believe, like many folks camped at Grand Avenue, that there is value in the printed product. That is no longer the case at the Times.

4. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

How much was Simers making at The Times? How much will he be making at the Register?

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Are we expected to file open records requests to find out?

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I'm sure Todd Harmonson will be fine with disclosing that personal information, right Todd?

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Bitch and moan all you want about TJ, but at least he clearly still has ink running in his veins and appreciates others who do.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I read his quotes on TBL and the quotes were refreshing to hear... Is he delusional? Perhaps... But I love that if he goes down, he will go down swinging at a good old fashioned newspaper.

I will add the OCR to my daily reading list.

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Give me a break. Yeah, that closed-door meeting at the Times was about giving him a raise and he left willingly. That two-month absence without any explanation from the Times had nothing to do with this.

I can't believe some of you on here are eating that up.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I have a feeling Snark is correct here. Simers gets to control The Narrative (dammit I don't know how to make that TM sign but thanks YankeeFan). The Times is not really at liberty to contradict him on anything. It's a little bit like when an NFL player fails a drug test and says it was just secondhand smoke or a missed test or whatever -- there isn't any "other" side to it.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Probably true.

Someone at The Times is probably saying, "If he left willingly, why are we paying him all this severance $$$?"

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Pull out your credit card as well, as that is probably going to be behind a pay wall.

Draft saved Draft deleted