1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sign the scorecard? Not as Wie-sy as it sounds

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doubledown68, Jul 19, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

In her defense, she probably had to rush home to catch the last five minutes of Spongebob Squarepants that night.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So you got the hots for Pat Hurst... who knew?

3. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Could not agree more.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It's primarily her parents (her old man directly) and her sycophants who continue to perpetuate this trainwreck. She doesn't have the balls or the maturity to tell them to fuck off or get rid of them. I hope by the time she finishes at Stanford, and seriously consider playing full-time on the tour, she'll dump her dad and his posse and find someone who will get her head on straight.

5. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

No LPGA staffer had a clue this was going on until a volunteer mentioned it in the press tent after Wie had teed off Saturday morning, and a staffer overheard, prompting an investigation. There was no LPGA staffer in the scoring tent on Friday at the time Wie arrived (don't know about other times). Only tournament volunteers were on hand. I don't know if the volunteers knew the LPGA's local rule about leaving the scoring zone or not.
    Quite a way to run a railroad.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Rules are rules and it's a tough break for Wie ... but man, someone needs to make sure she never steps on the course the next day. And if and when she does, pull her off ASAP and let her go home.

7. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Oz, maybe the only thing the LPGA did right in the timeline was in not pulling her off the course during the round. First, it messes up the grouping, and second, she has to have her say before they can DQ her. What if they pull her off and her story is the opposite of the other story? Almost always in golf, the player's argument will prevail on a one-on-one (and I don't know if this one would have been one-on-one) conflict of the facts. Then they've pulled a player out of the tournament who belongs in the tournament.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You sold me. But man, they better make sure the next time this happens, they catch it before that person walks out onto that course.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Or maybe if they don't catch it before the person tees off, that person isn't DQd. The LPGA fails to catch the error, too fucking bad for them.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

rules are rules? just follow that ass with a tail on it to the trough and drink, eh?

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't know of many 18-year-old girls who go around telling their fathers to fuck off. Sharapova's dad certainly is no help to her --- and the same can be said for many athletes' dads --- but most deal with it without "getting rid" of them.

And I really don't know of anything egregious that Mr. Wie has done in the past several months.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You mean other than to continue to pretend he knows how manage a superstar?

Draft saved Draft deleted