1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sign of the times

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by writestuff1, Jan 19, 2011.

1. writestuff1

writestuff1 Member

The local metro paper had a story on the front page that jumped to page 4. The story on the front was about four inches. The first graph on the front page was in smaller type than the remainder on the story on the front. The jump page had a color graphic to go along with the story. I have no way of knowing for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me that a change had to be made at the top of the story but the jump page already may have cleared since it was a color page. Thus, the smaller type to the first graph in order not to affect the jump page. Again, I have no way of knowing for sure, but with all of these regional hubs, I'm sure we will see a lot more of this, and a lot worse, in the future.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's not a sign of the times. The story clearly was edited or proofed at some point.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Yeah more a sign of the stupidity of the platemaking process, the same one that's been around basically since color was used in a newspaper.

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I expected something more depressing. Coming straight from the Oklahoman thread, was almost a pick-me-up, like "Those crazy, lovable newspapers!"

Draft saved Draft deleted