1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sign of the Apocalypse: Jimmy Kimmel thinks Andy Dick is annoying!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Video of Jimmy Kimmel tossing (actually dragging) - with the assistance of security - Andy Dick from his show after touching Ivanka? Trump.

http://www.vidmax.com/index.php/videos/view/599

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

It was a bit.

3. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Schtick.

4. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I dunno. Seems to me Andy Dick would be a good guy to have in your dead pool. When all you're left with is going on celebrity roasts and having everyone crack on you for being a gay alcoholic and drug addict...ouch.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

If he's survived this long, he's never going to die.

6. boots

boots New Member

Jimmy Kimmel's show should have been cancelled many months ago. It truly sucks.

7. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

First of all, sorry about the ancient post, but I did not see the point in making a new thread since a few of the comments on this thread sort of bear out how I feel about Kimmel. His show moves to its new time tonight to go toe-to-toe-to-toe with Dave & Jay. If there is someplace else I should have moved this comment, please moderators, move me there. I did not see it.

Now to my comment: The Chicago Tribune had an article yesterday about the change in the late night TV landscape and how Kimmel is taking advantage of it. I am not crazy about Kimmel. I am old fashioned although I do not mind Fallon, and I really like Ferguson. But I have not sat through an entire hr. of Jay or Dave for YEARS.

Still though, I am not crazy about Kimmel. Never have been. I am not sure he will cure what ails the time slot. But that's just me. Am not crazy about the Nightline move, either. When things get really bad, I will watch it over the comics.

OK, I am done. I got it out of my system (at least until the replies start coming in.....). Have at.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

What will change the time slot is someone actually trying a new idea.
    All we ever get are tweaks to the late-night format that has been around since Steve Allen.

The late-night talk show is a dinosaur.

9. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Fallon is as untalented a person as has ever been on television.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They moved Kimmel to 11:30 p.m. figuring it will give the show a head start if and when Leno and Letterman retire. Leno just re-upped.

What will be interesting to see is where the Nighline viewers (#1 in the time slot) go.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm sure you meant it as hyperbole considering some of the people that have been on reality TV and whatnot, but Fallon actually has an incredible talent for doing musical impressions. Some of them aren't the funny, but they sure sound like the people he's doing. Tebowie, though, is hilarious.

I wasn't much of a fan of Fallon on SNL, he's done some shitastic movies and I thought he was awful when he took over for Conan, but the show has gotten a lot better. I always chuckle at least a few times when I catch it.

Draft saved Draft deleted