1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sign of Economic Apocalypse #7: Steve & Barry's in deep trouble

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jul 1, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ask him her if he got his her paycheck Friday.

2. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

How we doin’?

No, I didn’t appreciate you throwing my kids in with the assfucker joke. Thought it crossed the line, and I wasn’t the only one. If you are going to say something like that you need to know your audience. We’ve only had a couple of exchanges on this board, including a disagreement on a parenting thread. Again, you need to know your audience and you don’t.

You have to admit, you just don’t seem to be the guy who would try and crack funny about a member’s kids. When you post on matters that deal with kids you seem, well, crabby. You know, crabby like the guy who keeps a number 14 perfectly mown in his front yard and yells at the neighborhood kids to get the fuck off your lawn because they’re messing up your Kent Hrbek 1991 World Series tribute.

You want to know about the MO thing? Hmm, maybe should’ve said SOP. It would be endless debate, grand pronouncements, condescension, rolling eyes…am I close? What, you can say what you did and I can’t get one back in?

It was nice that you felt “sorry” for me that I didn’t get the “inside baseball” reference, but there’s no reason to. I’ve been around in one form or another since Sportspages. Look at the first post under this handle. If it’s too inside baseball have someone explain it to you.

I bumped this thread after the closing announcement because it interests me. I raised some questions. The deals S&B’s cut for retail space seem funky, but that’s another matter.

Earlier in the thread I linked some licensing data. Do you think I blindly went googling to try and find some kind of information about licensing? I know that’s pretty common around here, you know, for people to Google the fuck out of a subject and then become all-knowing, but I don’t do that, and no, I don’t consider myself all-knowing.

You see, I’ve done business with them. You know, licensing agreements and shit. Imagine that. They’re based in Atlanta.

The Sporting Goods Manufacturing Association used to hold the Super Show in Atlanta.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-10407514.html

Have you ever heard of the Super Show before today?

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/51407/

Holy crap, buckles!

It’s you and me talking about the Super Show! How cool is that!

OK, I’m talking about the Super Show on that thread, you’re talking about seeing Reggie Jackson at a sports collector’s convention.

The manufacturers at the Super Show used to have all kinds of athletes doing signings at their booths. If you were into attending sports collector’s shows you would’ve loved it. But you had to work in the trade to get in, it wasn’t open to the general public.

What was I doing at a trade show like the Super Show? Maybe I’ve been involved in putting together retail programs like the one at S&B’s?

Does anything I say make me the authoritative voice on S&B’s? No, I don’t work there and I’ve never had contact with them. I just find the matter interesting and have questions based on my experience on working in the field. That’s all.

We need at clear up the Michigan thing. You don’t quite grasp what I’m saying about Michigan so let me be clear: I don’t like Michigan. Who the hell would want to go to school there? I hope Da Yoopers take over and change the name of the place to Yoopistan. OK, maybe there is another reason I wouldn’t make Michigan the dominant --I would have Michigan in the current mix at a lower SKU level -- collegiate product offering in a national retail program without something to back it up at this time, but let’s go with Da Yoopers thing. It’s more fun. Go Yoopers!

There are ways to have exchanges on the board and then there are ways to have exchanges on the board. I used to like coming here to learn me some shit I didn’t know before, and if you ask around about me you might be surprised that I’m not all that much of an asshole. Or, after this post, maybe I am. Dunno. Doesn’t matter.

I’ll read anything you post, but I can’t promise I’ll have the time or desire to respond. If I do respond, you can always have the last word. No big deal to me.

I’m off to eBay to see what Reggie autographs go for these days.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

U.P. POWER!
    U.P. POWER!
    U.P. POWER!

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Michigan sucks.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And a pleasant morning to you princess...

Draft saved Draft deleted