1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sid the Kid----six years ago

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Dec 11, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I remember seeing this originally on CBC when Crosby was playing AAA Midget hockey at the age of fourteen. That was the first I had heard of him.

Pretty amazing since Midget is for seventeen year olds. He still won the scoring title.

The other thing that strikes you is how well spoken he was back then.

The shooting gallery in the basement is perfect.

http://mirtle.blogspot.com/2007/12/crosby-six-years-ago.html

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Gosh, he so young there.

On Thursday at the Dome, he was rushing the net and batted the puck out of the air not once, but twice, and still got a shot on net.

But you're right on with his ability to speak. I'm glad I got the chance to interview him before my sports writing career ended.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that. I'm sure Habs fans get a tingle seeing a young Sid in a Montreal sweater.

I don't know if you guys saw the interview with Crosby on After Hours, but it was interesting that he NEVER talks to his mom on a game day. Why? Because every time he has talked to his mom on a game day, he's gotten hurt.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

How's that for reversing the parent-child guilt trip? :D

5. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Right after 9/11 I was talking to a friend of mine from Nova Scotia, just chatting about hockey. He told me, "Remember this name. Sidney Crosby." He was, what, 14 at the time? Crazy stuff.

Love the dryer in the video, btw.

Draft saved Draft deleted