1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sid the Kid hits it out of the park

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bagelchick, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Kirk McCaskill spent a season in the AHL before saying fuck it and switching to baseball. He hated Sherbrooke, Quebec.

His dad was the real-life Dr. Hook in the North American Hockey League and, before that, the rough and tough Eastern Hockey League. Ted McCaskill.....Tim McCracken.....not much of a stretch there.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

A bounty?!?!?!?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll bet a decent percentage of this board could come pretty close to hitting a batting practice fastball out of the park.

I took batting practice at a major league park as part of a media day and quite a few of us went yard. Granted, I was 23 at the time and I don't know if I could do it now, but it's not exactly the accomplishment people are making it out to be for Sid the Kid.

4. I would take that bet. Guessing less than 50 percent.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I'd guess less than 10 percent. This isn't exactly the most athletically inclined group of people.

6. I was trying to be kind. Maybe the 50 percent should be reserved for those who could actually make contact. :)

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

A BP fastball might only be 70 miles an hour or so, but it's also not coming in from the full 60 feet. I'm sure it's tougher than it looks.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yeah.....a hundred bucks of my own money to the first of my men who really nails that creep. ;)

9. maberger

maberger Member

tough teddy mccaskill ... i did a feature for the hockey news once on kirk. quiet, polite, gave me all the time i needed even tho i was late meeting him at yankee stadium during bp

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yeah?!? You wouldn't happen to have a link to that, would you? That'd be very cool to read!!

11. maberger

maberger Member

hah -- no links from 25 years ago, unless you know of an archived hockey news site. i'll see what i can find in my clips.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

I didn't know if they had a Vault like SI.....shoulda figured they didn't. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted