1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sid the Kid hits it out of the park

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bagelchick, Sep 8, 2010.

1. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Fun video...you gotta love a hockey player who can show up the horrid Pirates.

http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=19&id=75020&navid=DL

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

In profile, he looks like Joe Mauer's brother who would have been deprived of oxygen prior to birth.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I bet Joe Mauer couldn't put a slapshot in the net from the blue line.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Crosby hit a BP fastball. Let's see him jack one into the seats off Sabathia or Price or someone like that.

I wonder if Mauer could score on Justin Morneau.

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

And when the older guy, a 20-year-old Canadian, understandably sidetracked in the hockey aisle, started eyeing the pads and bragging about his skills as a goaltender, well, what was Mauer supposed to do? Hockey's not his best sport, but he's a Minnesotan, after all.

Pretty soon, Mauer has a stick in his hand and pucks at his feet, and he's winding up and shooting slappers at the big lug, now in full pads, with a wide stick and a goofy grin under his mask.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/joe-mauer-justin-morneau-ms-of-a-feather-for-the-minnesota-twins-239889.html

Dunno how it went with Morneau, but he could hit the net from the blue line.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This reminds me of a hilarious Onion AV Club comment I saw the other day on an interview with Zooey Deschanel, though about her doe-eyed evil twin Kate Perry.

Kate Perry is what Zooey Deschanel would look like if someone decided to paint Zooey on the side of a B-29 bomber during World War II.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Larry Walker and Tom Glavine were pretty good hockey players, too.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm surprised JR didn't weigh in with one of his whining rants about how the NHL acts like Pittsburgh and Washington are the only two teams in the league.....

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I saw Walker involved in a bench-clearing thing one night. Somebody shoved him and like a good Canadian boy he grabbed the guy's jersey in a flash and had his right hand cocked before other guys jumped in. I remember the TV guy hollering, "I wouldn't fight Walker. He used to play hockey!"

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's NBC who acts like that and I think we all agreed it was six: those two plus the Rangers,Flyers, Hawks and Wings.

Oh, and piss off Zag.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, Walker was a goalie in the BC Provincial Junior A.

Saw him interviewed a couple of years ago and he said flat out that he would have rather been a hockey player than a baseball player but wasn't good enough for the NHL.

12. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

SC's team was a game away from going to the Canadian Little League World Series and he played on the ballteam at Shattuck. (Sorta famously, Jack Johnson went after an opposing pitcher who threw at SC.)

YHS, etc

Draft saved Draft deleted